* Waived one fourth-year player: WR Cliff Russell of Utah.
* Waived three second-year players: QB Casey Bramlet of Wyoming, WR Jamall Broussard of San Jose State and DT Langston Moore of South Carolina.
* Waived four first-year players: FB Ronnie Ghent of Louisville, OT Pete Lougheed of Purdue, CB Brandon Williams of Michigan and HB Quincy Wilson of West Virginia.
* Waived four rookies: CB Patrick Body of Toledo, LB Derek Curry of Notre Dame, S Herana-Daze Jones of Indiana and K Carter Warley of Virginia Tech.
* Placed LB Caleb Miller on the Reserve/Physically Unable to Perform list. Miller has been unable to practice due to ankle injuries that predate the opening of training camp. Miller will remain with the team, attending meetings but not practicing. He will be eligible to return to practice under a roster exemption on Oct. 18 (day following Week 6 NFL play). He may practice during a 21-day period, the end of which serves as a deadline for his non-exempt roster status to be determined.
Among the players waived today, all except Cliff Russell, Langston Moore and Brandon Williams are eligible to be signed to an NFL practice squad. Teams may sign players to an eight-player practice squad beginning tomorrow.
* Had DE Duane Clemons placed by the NFL on the Reserve/Suspended by Commissioner list.
The Bengals have been notified by the NFL that DE Duane Clemons has been suspended without pay for the first four regular-season games of 2005, for violating the NFL Substance Abuse Policy.
The team has been informed that the suspension begins today. Clemons will be eligible to rejoin the Bengals’ active roster on Monday, Oct. 3. As of today he is placed on Reserve/Suspended by Commissioner, and does not count against the team’s 53-player limit.